Guess what….I’m on a journey of rediscovery. You see, I’ve been at this homeschooling gig for a while now, and while I love this life, I’ve found that somewhere along the way I have lost part of myself. The stresses of life forced me to put myself on the back burner for a while, which I guess is to be expected. The problem is, I never moved back to the front. Instead, I kept plugging along, expecting a change but never taking any action to produce one. Then one day I woke up and realized I needed to rediscover myself as a person.
What was my wake-up call?
Mostly my health. (You can read that full story here.) Once upon a time, I was an active woman, one who made sure to exercise often and watch my diet. I’ve never been the “skinny girl,” but I was conscious of the decisions I made and my health. You know the cycle of excuses though.
- College – (Still somewhat healthy) “I’m too busy studying.”
- Marriage – (Little slip) “I’m impressing him with my unhealthy, but delicious food.”
- Kids – (Big slip) “Who has time for health. I’m eating the leftover nuggets.”
- Homeschooling, the early years – (Crash & Burn) “I’m drowning. There’s no earthly way I can even think of myself.”
- Homeschooling, the other years – You totally forget to think about it at all.
Once I realized my health was a mess I started examining other areas of my life. Our homeschool is in a semi-decent place right now. My oldest is pretty independent, and my youngest is getting there. It’s time to be ME again. So that’s how this journal was born.
Are you out of shape? Overwhelmed? Exhausted? Drained? Blah? Maybe it’s time for you to rediscover yourself! Be sure to subscribe above to receive the free printable. Do you need extra support? Be sure to join me on my Healthy, Happy Moms Facebook Page!