So I was thinking about the Homeschool Mom the other day, about how we are a bit “different” from other moms. We aren’t a working mom, but not quite a stay-at-home mom either. It’s almost like we are both at once, but at the same time totally different from each. So today I thought I would examine the homeschool mom, all in good fun of course. So here we go……
You might be a homeschool mom if……….
- You’ve ever said the words, “Don’t eat that! It’s a science project!”
- You have ever used birthday money to buy more bookshelves.
- If you know the best brand of pencils to buy (It’s Ticonderoga people)…..you might be a homeschool mom.
- You are on a first name basis with your UPS man, because he brings all your used book purchases from Amazon.
- You get giddy over red ink pens and label makers.
- You base family vacations around museum locations. (Bonus points if there are historical sites nearby as well)
- You’ve ever completed a unit study while at the beach. (True story, I did!)
The word “socialization” makes you cringe.
- If you refer to the family dog as the class pet…..you might be a homeschool mom.
- Your home has glue in several places that it shouldn’t have glue, like on the floor, the windows, or all over the porch.
- If you have ever threatened to call the “principal,” at work, in the middle of the day, to tattle on your own children…..you might be a homeschool mom.
- You talk about Charlotte Mason or John Holt as if they are close personal friends.
- You refuse to make any major decisions without first consulting Cathy Duffy.
- You ALWAYS have a never-ending pile of dishes because your school serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and multiple snacks.
- If you know, for sure, that math assistance will be needed EVERY time you sit down on the toilet……you might be a homeschool mom
- You have ever showered while listening to a child read out loud.
- You never go to the grocery store, or the dentist, alone.
- If you get to enjoy lazy snuggles EVERY morning, cuddle on the couch to read, and have impromptu picnics in the middle of a school day…….you might be a homeschool mom.
So there ya go…..How to KNOW you are a homeschool mom. Are you a non-homeschool mom that identifies with most of these? Then it might be time for you to come over to the dark side! Want to know what a homeschool mom is NOT? Check out these homeschool mom myths!